Richard M. Salsman
Specialties: Banking, free market economics, economic forecasting, capitalism, investments, antitrust, environmentalism
Richard M. Salsman is president and chief market strategist of InterMarket Forecasting, which provides quantitative research and forecasts of stocks, bonds, and currencies to guide the asset allocation decisions of institutional investment managers, mutual funds, and pension plans. He is the author of numerous books and articles on economics, banking, and forecasting from a free-market perspective, including Breaking the Banks: Central Banking Problems and Free Banking Solutions (American Institute for Economic Research, 1990) and Gold and Liberty (American Institute for Economic Research, 1995). Mr. Salsman's work has appeared in The Intellectual Activist, the New York Times, Investor's Business Daily, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Economist and Barron's. From 1993 to 1999, he was a senior vice president and senior economist at H. C. Wainwright & Co. Economics. Prior to that he was a banker at Citibank and the Bank of New York. Mr. Salsman is an adjunct fellow at the American Institute for Economic Research.
Click here to download a photo of Richard M. Salsman for print publication.
- A Utopia of Greed: Ayn Rand's Moral Defense of Laissez-faire Capitalism
- The Philosophic State of Economics: An Objectivist Perspective
- Who's Saving, America?
- The Injustice of the Antitrust Laws as Reflected in the High-Tech Lynching of Microsoft
- The Heroic Nature of Business Titans and the Evil of 'Robber Baron' Smear Campaigns
- The Health Care Crisis Yet to Come: Evil and Folly in Socialized Medicine
- The Great Depression: Why It Happened and How the Scapegoating of Capitalism Still Burdens Us Today
- The Case for Pure and Unilateral Free Trade
- The Case for Free Banking and the Gold Standard
- Terrorism and Its Appeasement: Why a Great Nation Is Assaulted
- Debate: "Nature: To Be Preserved or Exploited?"
- Debate: "Conservatives: Friends or Enemies of Capitalism?"
- Debate: "Capitalism or the Welfare State: Which Is the Moral System?"
- Arresting the Social Security Robber Barons: How to Restore the Freedom to Save and Retire With Dignity"
- Capitalism and the Environment: The Virtues of 'Exploitation'
- A New Tax Policy That Advances Capitalism